Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hamburger Bahnhof Museum

Anna and Bernhard Blume

These artists have significantly extended the genre of staged photography. In their frequently multipart, large format, black and white photographs, this artistic couple staged temporal sequences in which they themselves act as the protagonists. These scenes are often reduced, estranged, and above all -odd. Order and chaos seem to mutually condition one another, role -playing and convention inhere in each object, conditioning modes and behaviour and provoking resistance.

I found their work to be very humourous and different, unlike any other staged photography which I have seen before, I don't know if I would like my project to go in that direction or not but I thought they were worth a mention!!

Wolfgang Tillmans however, is definately an artist whom I think will have great influence over me, and in which I wish to research better.



















No comments: