Monday, April 21, 2008

Get Inspired!

I have been feeling a bit unmotivated and lagging behind a bit on my college work due to the fact Ive been sick now for over a week, so I have decided to invade youtube and look for interesting cinematography and video clips which might help me get motivated about my project again!!

This is a video piece based on the film Lost in Translation, I think it is a music video for the band My Bloody Valentine. I especially love the cinematography in the first minute or so, the shots are taken whilst in a moving vehicle and there is also play with soft focus and lighting which I love.


This is a Radiohead video -How to Disappear Completely
When I came across this video I thought it was just amazing, like the whole thing encaptures alot of what I want to convey in my own project! The lighting, the distortion of images through different mediums such as water, the sunshine coming through the trees...everything about this video really...


Ok I'm just after realising that these arnt official videos for the song I dont think. I think these are video's that people just made themselves for the music! Here is another amazing interpretation!


Another Radiohead, from 8mm home video.


I find something very atmospheric and even melancholy about balloons!! ha

No comments: