Monday, April 28, 2008

Group Tutorial

Some ideas which I liked from the group tutorial...

I liked the ideas people had of making some of the photos really abstract, like the manipulation of the way we see and experience things.

so, taking images...making them abstract. Using underwater camera and techniques. Using different material to look through the lens, example, liquids, cling film, fairy liquid on glass, magnifying glass, looking through different objects. Light coming through water, crisp packets. Printing on accetate would be a good way to realise the work. Experimenting with hue and saturation, lighting, focus, all the camera techniques really....photocopying an image, rephotographing it and photocopying again, see how that manipulates the photo.

Another idea I had was to encorporate stories to juxtapose with the photos, as to construct some sort of narrative. An ambiguous narrative perhaps. I was told about this six word memoir fad in which people had to tall their life story in six words. So maybe I will research into that and see if I can relate some human experiences into six word memoirs and encorporate that into my work...


So how do I tie all this together??

....construction of narrative based on human experience...relation to phenomenology in which is the study of different typres of experiences ranging from perception, thought, memory, imagination, emotion, desire, volition to body awareness, embodied action, social activity and linguistic activity.....using different photographic techniques to construct ambiguous and abstract images which relate to daily existence, hoping the outcome will be dreamlike, fragile, atmospheric, and will evoke emotion and remembrance.

I don't want all the images to be abstract however, I would like to juxtapose them with many other images which are clear and simple, i think this would add a broader aspect to the work in the sense that the abstract images could be more personal and the images which are clear are easy to relate to, but the viewer could interpret the abstract images to what it reminds them of, so the work could be quite relational.


What are the images I want to take?

No comments: