Monday, November 10, 2008

My interests and work


The project brief asks to consider how my work might intervene in public space to explore, enliven, or enlighten people's experiences of it.

So I think it is important to 'step back' as such and look back on what work I have done and what concepts I have dealt with. I also think it is important to find out what interests me and what sujects I would like to explore in my work. This will give me more of a direction and will help me in my research.

What did my previous work entail?

colour/light
reflections
memory and experiences
portraits
obscuring visual perception
application of photography
flick book
the everyday project (photographing objects from a different perspective.

There is a certain sort of nostalgia about my work I guess. I like to take photos of everyday objects or situations. I guess it is a record of real life. I would like to see my work as some sort of record of life. It is really difficult to explain my own work myself :(

Personal Interests

- Archiving/collections
- Human emotions
- Experiencing the everyday
- Portraits
- Blogs
- Silence and Noise
- Ghosts/Spectres/the past(memories)
- Repressing ourselves from having experiences (Psychoanalysis)
- How do we screen our environment?
- Psychology
- Autonomy – independence from the demand of others
- Creating another environment, a search for autonomy through noise to be silent is not to exist.
- Silence, reflection, thinking, excluding from the noise of the world and thinking for oneself. Creating different types of worlds.

No comments: