Thursday, October 30, 2008

My experiments



In this shot I put a magnifying glass over the lens to distort the image that appears on the screen. I handheld it so I could move the filter to distort the scene in different ways. The car journey was bumpy however so it is not exactly the most still movie scene, but I shall take it again.



This is an experimental reel in which I have experimented with different sorts of filters such as bubblewrap, lids, netting, and magnifying glasses.

I experimented wih other filters as well, such as tights, window curtains, creams, but I did not like the effect it had. The ones in the reek are the ones which I want to work with.

I want to continue filming with more different types of filters, as well as the ones I have already used. I would like to retake some of the shots.

Another aspect I'm interested in is the 'pulsing' of the focus on the camera lens. When it constantly goes in and out of focus it seems as tho it cannot grasp what the object is, it reminds me of how a blind person might see perhaps!?

No comments: