Thursday, May 15, 2008

Working towards the exhibition!

Well i decided not to use the words with the pictures because I didnt think it looked right in the end, but as i printed and laminated and cut the pictures and words up i decided to do the words separately. I also thought that displaying them on a fridge would heighten the idea of memory... most people use friges to stick their magnets on, like memories from a holiday or something. The words are like the word magnet games you can put on your fridge or locker too so it kind of had that 'create your own narrative' connection with the piece. Here are some photos I took of the process of the work and the final exhibition.












1 comment:

Elizabeth McGuire Cleary said...

Hi Grace
Good to see the pics of the exhibition online - I think yours are the only ones posted.
They look great and bring back happy memories.

Not sure if this message will be emailed to you so I'll send you an email as well - just discovered I do have your address

Keep up the good blog-work.
Elizabeth