Saturday, May 10, 2008

Idea for Exhibition

For the exhibition I've been thinking about how to set up my work and what sort of format im going to have it in. One night I printed out some contact sheets of all my photos that I had taken for the project, i cut them up and placed them all out in a grid... surprisingly i really liked it, it looked well, so i thought that maybe i could present them this way for the exhibition. We had a tutorial with Ralph again and my idea became clearer, I'm going to post all my pictures up like the contacts but with magnets on them so that they can be moved around, while also on a big metal board of course!! People can then make their own narratives from it and place them in different story lines etc, Im also going to have the text up in movable fragments, so there will be a text aspect to the work aswell. Also under each picture there will be a brief description of what the picture is. I think this adds to the remembrance of a memory aspect in which I am trying to encorporate into my work.


No comments: