Sunday, March 9, 2008

Surrealist Photographers

These are all photographers I have researched after reading through the essays I have previously displayed. I like the way they manipulate some of the photographs, especially by the use of over exposure. I think that this could be a technique I could use to explore the theme of my project. I am currently thinking about making ordinary small objects look bigger than they actually are, and maybe by double exposure I could experiment with this idea...

These are images by Frederick Sommer. I like the double exposure and the image of the hands being being than the silhouetes beside it.






This is an image by Manuel Alvarez Bravo.







These are photos by Clarence John Laughlin. I like the use of double exposure here in one of his photos... that could be a good idea to use in order to manipulate photos. to double expose an ordinary small object over something more monumental...






















No comments: